We are very lucky in store to have enough space to have both an outlet and the traditional bridal shop set up, so it’s the best of both worlds! The main difference between the 2 is that an outlet is where you buy the dress you try on, so its often only available in that particular size or colour option, whilst the more traditional set up allows you to try on a sample, that can be ordered for you in different sizes, colours and with style modifications.
There are both positives and negatives to buying from either collection, but the main thing that will drive the decision is whether you LOVE the dress!!
The Traditional Way:
The Benefits are:
- You usually will have more choice as even if the sample isn’t quite your size, or in your preferred colourway, it can be ordered in.
- Your dress will be BRAND NEW, and not tried on by anyone else before.
- Make it your own – Lots of dress designers allow you to modify styles, by changing from a zip to a lace up and visa versa, or making the train a different length.
Things to think about:
- You must factor delivery time into your timescale. Dresses can take up to 6 months to be delivered, so if your wedding is within 6 months, sometimes the dress cannot be in store with enough time for fittings and alterations.
The Outlet Way:
- The price!! This is an important one for many brides as their wedding budget starts to creep up! Usually because you are buying a dress that is “off the peg,” the cost tends to be lower, it is the same as buying a dress from the high street where it could have been tried on before.
- There is no delivery schedule – the dress is bought straight there from stock, so it is perfect for tight timescale weddings.
Things to Consider:
- The choice is often slightly more limited as it is usual to only have one dress in one size available, so this is a positive in a way as once you have bought it – no one else can!
- The dress you love in the outlet might not be in your dress size. Fittings and alterations will always be required on wedding dresses (even those ordered from a sample using your measurements), so it can usually be taken in, but only let out by 1-2 sizes.
Our “Outlet” dresses are all “One and Only’s,” as in we have just one in each size available (at the moment dress sizes 8-28 are featured)and they are priced from £150-£750 making it perfect for a budget conscious bride, or those with a tight timescale!
Our “traditional” ordered dresses are available in lots of different colour options and fun ways to modify the style to make it perfect for you. We are delighted to have dresses featured in store for you to try on in sizes 10-30 all at £650-£1295!
If you would like to book in to meet us and find your perfect dress – just send us a message or give us a call on 01562 743551!